Monday, September 21, 2009

Sheep Fertiliser

After seeing liquid sheep fertiliser being made on the "Good Morning" show I decided to give it a go. Simply half-fill a bucket with sheep pellets and top up with water, then put on a lid, but don't seal the lid in case the gases build up and it explodes. Leave for 3 weeks and then dilute 1:6 with water.

Sheep pellets themselves are dried and inoffensive. For some reason my brain did not compute that I was turning them into a big bucket of sheep diarrhoea and I was quite dismayed when I opened the lid to reveal a very offensive greeny/brown sludge which I would then have to somehow get into my watering can!

I have done it though and my vegetables better be grateful. I have a feeling I now smell offensive too, or is it that the smell just won't leave my nostrils? I always wanted to live rural and now I can honestly say that my place smells like a drive through the country on a very hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment